Candles! No matter the season, I love them. In the winter they’re perfect to take off the chill and add warm light. In the summer they make our long summer days last just that little bit longer when they light up patios and balconies.
Rooting through my link collection I’ve rounded up my favourite diy candle projects. There is something for everyone here! From natural beeswax, to pretty painted pots and industrial copper, I see a lot more homemade candles in my life.
- homemade beeswax candles | a beautiful mess
- diy faux speckled candles | almost makes perfect
- diy copper candle | the merry thought
- scented soy candles | paper & stitch
- diy pink mason jar candles | hello natural
Feeling a little restless, I starting thinking about moving apartments to shake things up. Then maybe just upgrading my furniture, and then after realizing I haven’t the funds for either of those things, I looked into switching up some of my accessories when I came to the (tiny) realization that I’m missing a key accessory, coasters!
How could I have missed this accessory opportunity for so long? Silly me.
Looking to correct this horrendous (joking) wrong, I have been scouring the interwebs for the perfect coasters to make.
Here a some of my frontrunners:
- cement coasters with gold accents | a daily something
- color theory coasters | for the makers
- geometric leather coasters | design*sponge
- marbled tile coasters | design*sponge
- ombre leather coasters | almost makes perfect
- it’s recession time cork coasters | my dubio
Have you ever made coasters for your home? What’s your favourite material to use? Did they hold-up over time? I’d love to know!
recently I’ve noticed a few standout black & white images on my pinterest boards (amongst all of the summer florals). there’s something so refreshing about black & white, I just couldn’t resist gathering up a few favs to share.
1. white balance mug | a subtle reference to photography in a sweet original design from Click&Blossom.
2. oreo pudding pops | uh, YUM! I bet these pudding pops from No. 2 Pencil are scrumptious! and with just oreo pudding mix, milk and cookies, they’re easy to make.
3. street style in monochrome & leopard | sexy! and yet, so effortless. this outfit from Friend in Fashion is perfect black & white with a pop of something different.
4. terrace at the home of Muriel Bardinet | wow! check out this house on Milk Decoration. I love the mix of smooth lines and antiques. (seriously, that kitchen. do want!)
5. more issues than vogue print | too funny! this print from TheMotivatedType is cheeky and chic all at once.